- Plan challenging high school courses.
- Take classes recommended for college preparation. Talk to your counselor.
- Use testing information. Examine your scores and take extra courses or get tutoring assistance for weaker academic areas.
- Establish goals for each school year. Talk to your counselor about what you should be doing in light of your college and career plans.
- Surf the internet for information on education and career planning.
- Start thinking about reasons for attending college.
- Join/continue extracurricular activities.
- Attend summer camp at a college to experience a college-like atmosphere.
- Continue/start saving for college
- Research college costs
- Meet with your counselor at least once a year.