Programs and Services
At each age/grade level, the IEP team will consider programs and services within the Garden City School district and throughout our Wayne County Partnership districts. Placement decisions are based on the individual intensity and specialization of need of each student coupled with how best to meet the IEPT goals. The education “label” does not determine placement. Ancillary or related services are available at all ages based on the IEPT.
Birth to 3
Stottlemyer-Wayne Westland Schools
- · Early Intervention
Wayne County Partnership Program
- Early Intervention
Garden City Schools:
- Early Childhood Developmental Delay Program (serves multiple disabilities)- in a general educational setting
K – 12 grades
Garden City Schools: every school
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Teacher Consultant
- Resource Room Program (grades K-6 all disabilities – mild to moderate)
- Cross Categorical Self-contained Programs
Burger School for Students with Autism
- A Wayne County Center program must be referred by Director of Special Education of resident district.
- Least restrictive options must be exhausted first
- Referral process required
- Burger School is in three locations, Burger Baylor at 28865 Carlysle, Inkster, phone 734-729-1830, Burger Transition Center at 30300 Maplewood, phone 734-762-8470, Garden City, and Burger Lathers at 28351 Marquette, Garden City, phone 734-762-8480.